FoBH is a charity which depends heavily on support through membership, donations and legacies. We also carry out fundraising events such as attending local shows where we sell membership and publications. All of our funds are used to support National Trust in their management of Box Hill.
We are happy to receive fundraising ideas and work with you to make these happen – please let us know through the Contact details on this site.
Here are a few of the things we spend our money and time on:
- buying equipment such as cameras, laptops, benches and gazebos
- funding the disabled path to the viewpoint and the natural play trail
- creating different means of interpretation, from the Discovery Zone to our range of published books and maps
- providing feedback on important developments on Box Hill, such as the Olympic Cycling event and restaurant facilities.
- creating conservation plans for the management of the Hill
- commissioning and carrying out specialist surveys and sharing the results as widely as possible
- providing practical and moral support for National Trust staff